My Skincare Routine For Dry & Acne Prone Skin!

        Hello, hey, hi there! I've always been on the fence about a lot of skincare products considering my past with a lot of them. Then I discovered Mario Badescu Skincare, and my life and skin has been changed for the better. My acne scarring is fading, break outs are stopped right their tracks, and discoloration/hyper pigmentation is decreasing. I do this 2-4 times a week as recommended, I start by using the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser to dissolve the dead skin cells that are already flaking off. Followed with their Botanical Exfoliating Scrub (I don't always do this when I do this routine only when necessary!).  Next comes their Glycolic Acid Toner to reduce to look of acne scarring and discoloration. I'll apply a night cream afterwards if necessary, I tend to use the ELF Night Cream but now it's empty and gone. Lastly I'll finish my skincare routine with a few sprays of the Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater. I decided to test how my skin would react to me not using these products for a week, and boy I regret that. My skin was dry. I ended up breaking out 2 days into my week without them, and it wasn't extreme but it was noticeable. These products have become my holy grail skincare products, and I'm never going back to anything else,


GlycolicFoaming Cleanser: This cleanser smells exactly like Lemon Pledge if you know what I mean, but it’s still a very fresh scent. It doesn’t linger either which is nice, no one likes it when a fragrance lingers that isn’t supposed to. It can tingle which isn’t a bad thing considering it flat out says this cleanser is designed to dissolve the dull dead skin cells to reveal a clean and refreshed complexion. Which from what I’ve noticed it does that! This product is suitable for all skin types as well and cruelty free!




BotanicalExfoliating Scrub: This scrub is amazing and I noticed a huge difference in the look of my skin after the first time I ever used it. Instead of using beads like most exfoliators it used finely ground seeds from the Ecuadorian Ivory Palm. It’s also filled antioxidant-rich Ginger, Ginkgo, and Green Tea Extracts that are blended with Coconut and Aloe to create and bring moisture to the skin. It has a light refreshing scent which isn’t even noticeable once applied to the skin and worked in. Also, because the seeds are so fine it can be easier to over exfoliate, so please keep that in mind I don’t want you guys scrubbing to death that your skin is irradiated believe me, it’s not fun. This product is suitable for all skin types thought, and cruelty free as well as paraben free!

GlycolicAcid Toner: This product is fantastic, and it’s has helped a ton with my clearing my skin. I will say it can be a bit harsh for sure but that’s like most toners. The main reason why I was attracted to this toner was because it said that it helps reduce discoloration from old acne scars which I have a lot of from middle school and high school. Also, it can reduce the buildup that can cause skin to look tired and dull, which I’ve noticed that I don’t look as tired anymore. I would get told all the time that I look exhausted which wasn’t also that greatest thing to hear when you’re at work.  It can burn if you exfoliate before hand and open up a pimple or if you have a slight sunburn you didn't know about on your face. Now this is also the product I have that is meant for Congested skin and Dry skin, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t still cruelty free…because it is!

FacialSpray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater: I think this one is self-explanatory considering it’s become a favorite of so many. I have 3 bottles of this stuff in all different sizes, ha-ha.  I use this for everything, and I mean everything! I use it right away when I wake up in the morning, to set my makeup, to finish off my skincare routine both morning and night, and I even have a 2 oz travel size in my bag that I take to work with me. If that doesn’t tell you how great this is, I don’t know what else will. It adds a nice dewy glow to my skin and the smell is amazing, I never knew how much I love the smell of roses until I bought this stuff. Oh, my gosh, it’s changed my life for the better! Just like the cleanser and scrub it’s for all skin types! It’s also cruelty free and paraben free like the scrub! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig